The Music is an outlet
The music is a living thing
The Music is everything
The music is heart and soul
The Music also has its toll
The music is a creature
The music takes time
No matter your life or rhyme
The music is variety
The music can also heal
No matter you calamity
The music is a way to be found
No matter the music’s sound.
Labels: music poem
Music makes me cry
Music makes me laugh
Music makes me smile
Music makes me tingly
When i hear music
Life comes running after me
Music is the only reason
Why i can stand on earth
Music makes cry
Music makes me laugh
Music makes me smile
Music makes me tingly
Music brings me back to life
Music is the only reason i live
by Naani Aslam
The Pianist - Based on a true story of a Polish pianist during the holocaust.
Amadeus - Based on the life story of Mozart. Some of the scenes are fictitious.
Immortal Beloved - The Life story of Beethoven
Il Castrato - An Italian movie about the life of a male soprano named Farinelli.
The Red Violin - A fictional story about a red violin.
Artists who signed:
- Paul McCartney
- Noel Gallagher
- Jimmy Page
- Eric Clapton
- Mick Jagger
- Brian May
- Liam Gallagher
- Jeff Beck
- Bryan Adams
- Tony Iommi
- Mark Knopfler
- Angus Young
- Malcolm Young
- Keith Richards
- Ronnie Wood
- Pete Townshend
- Ray Davies
- David Gilmour
This guitar is pretty cheap considering you’ll be getting a piece of guitar history. That’s true only if you have a billion dollars in your pocket! :-)
1. Install the alexa toolbar and set your blog as your homepage.
2. Put an alexa widget on your site.
3. Visit web forums with topics about alexa. Make an interesting comment and don’t forget to leave your URL. People who are visiting these forums probably have an alexa toolbar installed. They might visit you back if you have an interesting comment.
4. Post in social networking website or forums located Asia. Asians are big alexa toolbar fans!
5. Join Entrecard and gain traffic.
6. Write articles that are keyword rich. You’ll have better chance of getting traffic from search engines if your articles contain high ranking keywords.
7. Join in as much social book marking sites as you can such as “Digg”, “Del.ic.ous” or “Stumbled”. These sites usually bring massive number of visitors which has alexa toolbar installed.
8. Lastly, write something about Alexa. People who are looking for ways to increase their alexa rank might find your site in search engines. They might already have alexa toolbar installed.
You’ll find a couple of methods on the net. But here’s a list that that actually worked for me.
Labels: Blogger advice
Labels: Rock Video Games
Labels: Funny Pics
10) Greg Howe (Shrapnel, 1988) Greg Howe A funk-savvy speedster, Greg Howe injected the shred scene with some much-needed shake and soul. The funkdafied “Kick It All Over” kicks off the festivities, and the following track, “The Pepper Shake,” offers a spicy display of Howe’s legato and alternate-picking chops.
It's has been almost two weeks since he died. You might be wondering why there’s no trace of Michael Jackson in this music blog before now. And do you think it’s because Michael is a pop star? Not a Rock star? For your information, Michael has been inducted in the Rock and Roll hall of fame twice! Do you think I hate him? I hate his music? The answer is a big NO! As a matter of a fact, I love his music.
Labels: Michael Jackson's Death
1. "I'd rather be a musician than a rock star."
2. "All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff."
3. "A band ought to have a sound all of its own. It ought to have a personality."
4. "A composer knows that music is written by human beings for human beings and that music is a continuation of life, not something separated from it."
5. "A good composer does not imitate; he steals.
6. "A good composer is slowly discovered a bad composer is slowly found out."
7. "A lot of people are singing about how screwed up the world is, and I don't think that everybody wants to hear about that all the time."
8. "A lot of pop music is about stealing pocket money from children."
9. "A musicologist is a man who can read music but can't hear it."
-Sir Thomas Beecham
10. "After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music."
Labels: Music Quotes
Here's another comic I've found. This might insult metal fans (people who listen to metal music), but I'm afraid that this is somehow true! Hahaha! I love metal music but I have a pretty huge brain! Unlike those on this comic.
When music sounds, gone is the earth I know,
And all her lovely things even lovelier grow;
Her flowers in vision flame, her forest trees
Lift burdened branches, stilled with ecstasies.
When music sounds, out of the water rise
Naiads whose beauty dims my waking eyes,
Rapt in strange dreams burns each enchanted face,
With solemn echoing stirs their dwelling-place.
When music sounds, all that I was I am
Ere to this haunt of brooding dust I came;
And from Time's woods break into distant song
The swift-winged hours, as I hasten along.
by Walter de la Mare
Music is so powerful. The emotion that lurks in our soul is really something beyond logical reasoning. Music is full of mysteries and it has inspired generations; And will continue to inspire for all eternity.
Labels: music poem
Labels: Funny Pics
Here’s another comic I found while googling. I don’t really quite understand what a smoker is going through while trying to quit. But this gave me an idea. It equates as:
“Trying to quit smoking” = “heartbreak, pain, & lost love”
It’s a good thing I’m not much of a smoker. Is it true that smoking gives you pleasure and satisfaction? I remember one of my friends told me, “If you don’t smoke, you will still die. But if you smoke, you’ll die happy”.
I’ve checked Jack’s performances on Youtube and this guy is fantastic! Hearing him play reminds me of some guitar legends such as Joe Satriani, Eric Johnson and Guthrie Govan. His playing style is a perfect convergence Rock, Blues, Jazz and Progressive genres. He has the ablitiy to play with stunning speed and accuracy. When Jack covers a songs, he makes it sure to stay loyal to the original: from the notes played, down to the tone of the guitar. Other than that, he's also an excellent composer. He implements both melodic and harmonic beauty to his compositions.
There are no cash prizes for the Guitar Idol competition. But the winner will take home any or all of the thousands of dollars worth of Guitars and Amplifiers!
Here’s the list:
- Blackstar HT-5S Amp
- Mayones Regius 7 Guitar Idol Custom Model Electric Guitar ($3400)
- Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Electric Guitar ($2200)
- Rob Williams Set Neck Standard Electric Guitar ($3200)
- PRS Custom 24 Birds Electric Guitar ($4000)
- Marshall JVM410H Full Stack Amp ($2900)
Check out their site for more details. http://www.guitaridol.tv
Labels: Guitar Idol
See what I mean? :-)
Adam and Freddie has something in common. They are both gays! But as I have said, I don't really care. I hope Adam accepts Brian May's offer to be the next vocalist of the Queen. I would love to hear Adam singing Bohemian Rhapsody with the band that made that song. Adam could be the next Queen of the Queen. hahaha!
The game screen consists of a scrolling fret board that has various colored notes on it. Each color corresponds to one of the buttons on the guitar, which you must hold down while strumming on the flipper. You could play Guitar Hero using a standard PS2 controller, if you like, but i think thats stupid. You'll waste all the fun you can have if you don't use the cool guitar hero controller.
I know its just a toy. Its not a real guitar. But you'll feel like you are really rockin' while playing it! Sometimes, it's harder to play Guitar Hero than the real thing. Which is quite embarrassing for a toy that mocks an electric guitar.
I've found this comic while searching Google. And it gave me a smile. :-)
Do you need to sell your soul to the devil before you can be a great guitarist? I don't think so! But I'm afraid it works for some people.
1. "Rock & Roll is feeling, and after you know most of the basics ... chords, rhythm, scales and bends ... getting that feeling is just about the most important aspect of playing guitar"
- Eddie Van Halen
2. "... I don't want you to play me a riff that's going to impress Joe Satriani; give me a riff that makes a kid want to go out and buy a guitar and learn to play ..."
- Ozzy Osbourne
3. "Playing scales is like a boxer skipping rope or punching a bag. It's not the thing in itself; it's preparatory to the activity"
- Barney Kessel - Jazz Guitar
4. "music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand"
- Stevie Wonder
5. "He who writes and composes without feeling spoils both his words and his music."
- Guillaume de Machaut
6. "Rock and roll ain't noise pollution".
7. "I think music in itself is healing. It's an explosive expression of humanity. It's something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we're from, everyone loves music."
8. "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain."
9. "Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music"
- Sergei Rachmaninov
...and my favorite
10. "Without music, life would be a mistake."
More to come...
Labels: Music Quotes
Labels: Blogger advice
1. Always wipe your strings with a clean dry cloth after playing.
2. Keep your strings away from moisture. Humidity can pretty much hurt your strings so always keep it inside your gig bag or guitar case.
3. Wash your hands with soap and water before playing. Of course, let it dry first! Water + Iron = Rust!!!
Labels: Guitar Care and Maintenance
Joe Satriani is probably my greatest influence amongst all Rock Instrumentalists. When we are talking about shredding (playing very very fast), speed and accuracy is always the primary requirement. Satriani has that and a lot more! Other than his "thousand-notes-per-second" ability, he is very skillful in creating very catchy melodies with the use of conventional and exotic scales. No wonder why some of his songs has the titles, Belly Dancer, Oriental Melody and Mountain Song. Boy! back then, I never knew you can turn Arabic Music into Rock Music!!!
He is heavily influenced by famous music icons such as Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page and Jeff Beck. Since 1988, Satriani has used his own signature guitar, the Ibanez JS Series, which is widely sold in stores. He also has a signature series amplifier, the Peavey JSX, and a signature Vox distortion pedal, the Satchurator.
My favorite Satriani song is, "Always With You Always With Me" and "Mountain Song".
A letter to my girlfriend:
Im really sorry for what I have done. It was never really my intention to fall for someone who I thought would be as wonderful as you. It was just an accident. I was alone with her in my room doing some work. I've been alone with someone else before, but this one is different. She dragged me into this. I'm just a man with weaknesses. It's just that, her body and the sound of her voice, captivates me almost the same way as you do. I never really wanted this. It's pretty hard to explain why this happened. But someday, I hope you'll understand. After what happened, I've realized that no one can replace you. I love you honey and I hope you can forgive me.
Here's my attempt on a Swedish pop song. It was performed during our concert last May 10,2009 in the Philam Life Auditorium located at Manila, Philippines. The name of our choir is Coro de San Sebastian and I've been in this group since 2006.
Our conductor gave me the male solo parts. I really liked the song during the first few rehearsals. But after they raised the pitch about two semitones higher, I was not really comfortable with it anymore. But what the heck?! The show must go on so I just have to deal with it!!! I think I did a pretty good job.
Labels: music theory
Musicians always consider their hearing as the most important among all of their senses. But a deaf person writing some music? This may sound crazy but there is one person in history (you may already know) who lost his hearing but still writes music. And he's not just an ordinary musician.He's one of the most prolific classical composers of all time and his name is Ludwig van Beethoven. Still can't remember him? "Moonlight Sonata"? "Fur Elise"? Can you remember now? No? Hahaha! If you have a Casio keyboard or any portable keyboard, I'm very sure some of the built-in songs are his compositions. It's really hard to believe for him to write music without actually hearing his work. He's probably just imagining all the notes, the sound of the violin, chords and other stuff all in his head? Pretty amazing right?
Beethoven suffered from an illness called Tinnitus and probably, you are among the 90% who suffers from it. Tinnitus is the perception of a ringing sound within the human ear in the absence of corresponding external sound. So dude, protect your ears. Keep those volume down. Playing great doesn't always mean playing loud. Don't make it a habit to listen to very loud music.If you do this, Tinnitus can get very severe to the point that all you hear is RINGING!!! No more music!! No more Rockin'!! Well... It wouldn't be that much of a problem if you're as gifted as Beethoven. :-)
Learn to appreciate what you have. Look at this guy... We have something that he doesn't have. And yet, it doesn't deter him from doing what he loves.
yeah.. yeah.. i know.. his playing is not as clean as Yngwie Malmsteen's (the guy on my 2nd post). But taking his disability into consideration , he really did a wonderful job! I hope this inspires those who are just starting to play and those who got frustrated in learning this cool instrument!
This is a perfect example on how Classical and Rock styles combine. The convergence is called Neoclassical Rock and Yngwie Malmsteen (pronounced as eeng-vei) invented it. Yngwie's guitar playing style is like playing a violin Solo accompanied by an orchestra. But instead of a violin and an orchestra, he uses an electric guitar backed by a band. Below is an example from his first solo album, Rising Force and he composed this during the early 80's. I know it's kinda' "old school". But I really like it!
I'm here alone with my laptop. This is my first post. I'm quite new about this "blogging" stuff. All i know is that i do love writing and this is a perfect venue to post all the things that has been rumbling my mind once in a while. But of course, posting all of that here means filling up this site with some childish nonsense. And for that, everything that's going to be written here are only stuff that matters.
Do you know that feeling? When an idea suddenly struck your mind? And there is no pen and paper beside you to write on? And after you do find something that can be as useful, the idea already vanished? Quite frustrating right? It's a good thing I always have my notebook beside me. No idea should be left unwritten. Being very passionate about music, i also have my handy audio recorder. Sometimes its easier to record stuff than writing it on a piece of paper especially when I'm composing a tune or a melody in my mind.But that doesn't mean i don't know how to read and write notes.
I'm a very active musician. And very fond of classical and rock music. Some people do find it crazy to be admiring rock and classical music at the same time. This is a common misconception about this two genres. As a matter of fact, rock music has its roots to classical music! Even modern rock guitar instrumentalist like Joe Satriani, Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert, and bands like Metallica and Dream Theater, has some classical training in one form or another. The funny thing about this is that common people refer to them as Music Geniuses. Well, this is partly true. I have even referred to them as Rock Gods one time. What most of us didn't quite understand is that these "Rock Gods" also have their own sets of Rock Gods. They might have almost worshiped BB king and Jimi Hendrix and The Beatles during their teens. And if we dig deeper, researching about the Rock Gods of the Rock Gods of the Rock Gods of the Rock Gods and so on and so forth (whew!!)... Names like Mozart, Beethoven, Bach will surely pop out. And they are the Rockstars of their era. Music is constantly evolving but certainly, the very foundation invented by classical geniuses remains the same from generation to generation.
Thats the reason why i like Rock and Classical music all at the same time. I have not even mentioned modern songs that are directly influenced by classical music. Classical music is the foundation to every piece of music that we play!! Its a good thing that Popular Culture made a simpler version of it so that common people can have a glimpse of what music can really do.