Guitar Hero: A game for "wannabe guitarists"...

I'm not discouraging those who cant play a real electric guitar to stop using this Guitar Hero thing. I myself is a victim of this addicting rocker game! I'm a real electric guitarist but I'm having so much fun with this stuff! The idea behind Guitar Hero is not original. I once played a game called Guitar Freaks in arcade games and they are very very similar.

Like Guitar Freaks (released in 1998), Guitar hero is played using a guitar shaped controller. One difference is that Guitar Hero has five buttons while Guitar Freaks only has four. These buttons are pressed using the left hand just like pressing the frets of a real guitar. But instead of forming chords, you have to press the buttons and at the right time. There are no stings attached here to pluck! But you have a small clicky flipper to strum on. This game is more like a rhythm playing toy. Well, its not as easy as it sounds. Remember "Dance Dance Revolution"?

The game screen consists of a scrolling fret board that has various colored notes on it. Each color corresponds to one of the buttons on the guitar, which you must hold down while strumming on the flipper. You could play Guitar Hero using a standard PS2 controller, if you like, but i think thats stupid. You'll waste all the fun you can have if you don't use the cool guitar hero controller.

I know its just a toy. Its not a real guitar. But you'll feel like you are really rockin' while playing it! Sometimes, it's harder to play Guitar Hero than the real thing. Which is quite embarrassing for a toy that mocks an electric guitar.

4 comments:

Matutino89 June 9, 2009 at 9:04 AM  

"Sometimes, it's harder to play Guitar Hero than the real thing. Which is quite embarrassing for a toy that mocks an electric guitar."

Thats true, some expert songs are impossible, at least for me =(

Saludos from The Holy Metal Palace!

http://theholymetalpalace.blogspot.com/

Matutino89

Meryl (proud pinay) June 9, 2009 at 4:31 PM  

wow nice looking guitar..how i wish i know how to play guitar

meryl

Meryl (proud pinay) June 9, 2009 at 6:12 PM  

hi, I'm here again. ^_^
by the way, i saw your comment(about your question)
I'm not from San Antonio, Texas ...we just visited my sister-in-law there ^_^

Anonymous June 9, 2009 at 7:02 PM  

I felt like a caveman now,never tried guitar hero before. I wish I could have one.

Followers

Bookmark

Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites

Rankings

  © Blogger template 'Froggy' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP