I'm not pretending to be a rocker just to write a rock blog

If your blog is about a certain topic, lets say like my blog about music, you should really be a musician. I have seen blogs without their own content. But me? I write my own things. I don't just copy an article on the net and then paste it in my posts. It's really not bad to research on other websites. As long as you put citations when directly copying it into your blog. I believe I have the right to say "I'm a real rocker who plays real rock music" and "I'm a real blogger who writes my own stuff". As a proof, here's our rendition of Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns & Roses during a band competition in our school... And guess what?? WE WON!!!

In this video, you can see me playing a white electric guitar. I did all the guitar solos and sang on the "where do we go now" part. We raised the pitch a half step higher making the first chord a D natural instead of a D flat.



Can you see now? I don't really have a badge that says "Im a genuine rocker". But if such an item does exist, I'll probably have one.

7 comments:

Anonymous May 28, 2009 at 4:08 AM  

Hello MusicParadox thanks for your comment, you have a very nice blog too, and yes we can exchange links. This message is to confirm that your link is now in my blog (right side). Have a good day.

Regards.

Anonymous May 28, 2009 at 4:44 AM  

Thanks to you too, good luck!

Anonymous May 28, 2009 at 5:22 AM  

Of course... there should always be citations. Plagiarism/stealing someone else's ideas isn't good.

Nice blog anyway...

Anonymous May 28, 2009 at 5:24 AM  

and I hate those people who steal someone else's ideas and make money out of it.

mystic May 28, 2009 at 10:02 AM  

tysm for visiting my blog no i didnt draw it just added the quote
hope to see you come by again i love your blog very nice

musicmaniac May 29, 2009 at 7:33 AM  

Great stuffs bro,totally agree with you. I initially have 4 blogs, have closed 2 of them.'Musicmaniac' is the only one 'alive' now, why because I do know what I'm posting about. Guitar become my best friend since I was 11 yrs old and I love music so much, especially hard rock and metal.

Citations is a must when copying other person's stuffs.I've never forget to provide all links and references associated with what I'm writing about.

Great performance, you deserve winning the competition. If I'm gonna cover this song, will change the code to D also,not good with D flat,very confusing. :)

MR. New Dilemma June 2, 2009 at 9:29 AM  

LOL. At first, when I watched the video, I was like why is the singer so high pitched, then I realized it was a girl. That explained alot,lol. Anyway, keep having fun, now if you'll excuse me I have to go steal something off the internet and post it in my blog! Haha.

Followers

Bookmark

Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites

Rankings

  © Blogger template 'Froggy' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP