How To Increase Alexa Rank

First of all, what is Alexa Rank? In simplest words, it is a ranking system in which the ranking scheme is based on the number of people visiting a website with an Alexa Toolbar installed on their browser. You can go to alexa.com for more details. Bloggers would want to increase their alexa rank for monetizing reasons. The higher your ranking, the better bargaining power you’ll have in ad pricing. Well, some people say that it is an unreliable ranking system. But since the majority of people rely on this, you should increase yours as well. These methods are very effective for me. When I followed these steps with my new blog, my Alexa Rank jumped from 10,000,000+ down to 565,076 in just two months!

1. Install the alexa toolbar and set your blog as your homepage.

2. Put an alexa widget on your site.

3. Visit web forums with topics about alexa. Make an interesting comment and don’t forget to leave your URL. People who are visiting these forums probably have an alexa toolbar installed. They might visit you back if you have an interesting comment.

4. Post in social networking website or forums located Asia. Asians are big alexa toolbar fans!

5. Join Entrecard and gain traffic.

6. Write articles that are keyword rich. You’ll have better chance of getting traffic from search engines if your articles contain high ranking keywords.

7. Join in as much social book marking sites as you can such as “Digg”, “Del.ic.ous” or “Stumbled”. These sites usually bring massive number of visitors which has alexa toolbar installed.

8. Lastly, write something about Alexa. People who are looking for ways to increase their alexa rank might find your site in search engines. They might already have alexa toolbar installed.

You’ll find a couple of methods on the net. But here’s a list that that actually worked for me.





1 comments:

ronaldredito August 28, 2009 at 2:02 AM  

I can say that I am successful in increasing my Alexa ranking. My site is barely 4 months old but my ranking is already 1,595,846 (Aug. 28, 2009) and ranked 11,572nd in the Philippines.

See it here:
http://ronaldredito.org/blog/

See my Alexa ranking here:
http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/ronaldredito.org

I remember, I have started at 8 million and continually increased each day. I have even beaten sites like jejomarbinay.com.ph which was quite online for sometime.

My niche is very competitive but still I have managed to climb. Those gurus are instrumental in my achievement.

Followers

Bookmark

Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites

Rankings

  © Blogger template 'Froggy' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP