Here’s another comic I found while googling. I don’t really quite understand what a smoker is going through while trying to quit. But this gave me an idea. It equates as:
“Trying to quit smoking” = “heartbreak, pain, & lost love”
It’s a good thing I’m not much of a smoker. Is it true that smoking gives you pleasure and satisfaction? I remember one of my friends told me, “If you don’t smoke, you will still die. But if you smoke, you’ll die happy”.
Labels: Guitar Comic
I’ve checked Jack’s performances on Youtube and this guy is fantastic! Hearing him play reminds me of some guitar legends such as Joe Satriani, Eric Johnson and Guthrie Govan. His playing style is a perfect convergence Rock, Blues, Jazz and Progressive genres. He has the ablitiy to play with stunning speed and accuracy. When Jack covers a songs, he makes it sure to stay loyal to the original: from the notes played, down to the tone of the guitar. Other than that, he's also an excellent composer. He implements both melodic and harmonic beauty to his compositions.
There are no cash prizes for the Guitar Idol competition. But the winner will take home any or all of the thousands of dollars worth of Guitars and Amplifiers!
Here’s the list:
- Blackstar HT-5S Amp
- Mayones Regius 7 Guitar Idol Custom Model Electric Guitar ($3400)
- Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Electric Guitar ($2200)
- Rob Williams Set Neck Standard Electric Guitar ($3200)
- PRS Custom 24 Birds Electric Guitar ($4000)
- Marshall JVM410H Full Stack Amp ($2900)
Check out their site for more details. http://www.guitaridol.tv
Labels: Guitar Idol
See what I mean? :-)
Adam and Freddie has something in common. They are both gays! But as I have said, I don't really care. I hope Adam accepts Brian May's offer to be the next vocalist of the Queen. I would love to hear Adam singing Bohemian Rhapsody with the band that made that song. Adam could be the next Queen of the Queen. hahaha!
The game screen consists of a scrolling fret board that has various colored notes on it. Each color corresponds to one of the buttons on the guitar, which you must hold down while strumming on the flipper. You could play Guitar Hero using a standard PS2 controller, if you like, but i think thats stupid. You'll waste all the fun you can have if you don't use the cool guitar hero controller.
I know its just a toy. Its not a real guitar. But you'll feel like you are really rockin' while playing it! Sometimes, it's harder to play Guitar Hero than the real thing. Which is quite embarrassing for a toy that mocks an electric guitar.
I've found this comic while searching Google. And it gave me a smile. :-)
Do you need to sell your soul to the devil before you can be a great guitarist? I don't think so! But I'm afraid it works for some people.
Labels: Guitar Comic
1. "Rock & Roll is feeling, and after you know most of the basics ... chords, rhythm, scales and bends ... getting that feeling is just about the most important aspect of playing guitar"
- Eddie Van Halen
2. "... I don't want you to play me a riff that's going to impress Joe Satriani; give me a riff that makes a kid want to go out and buy a guitar and learn to play ..."
- Ozzy Osbourne
3. "Playing scales is like a boxer skipping rope or punching a bag. It's not the thing in itself; it's preparatory to the activity"
- Barney Kessel - Jazz Guitar
4. "music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand"
- Stevie Wonder
5. "He who writes and composes without feeling spoils both his words and his music."
- Guillaume de Machaut
6. "Rock and roll ain't noise pollution".
7. "I think music in itself is healing. It's an explosive expression of humanity. It's something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we're from, everyone loves music."
8. "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain."
9. "Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music"
- Sergei Rachmaninov
...and my favorite
10. "Without music, life would be a mistake."
More to come...
Labels: Music Quotes